The reason people prefer home gyms is because of the flexibility in their workout schedule, almost zero cost, workout at anytime of the day, and no need to share showers with other gym users.
Where most people want to workout at their home gyms, they don’t know what exercises to try. That’s where a book on fitness exercises comes in handy. We have curated a list of top books that can help you do bodybuilding at home. All the books available in our post are top-rated and include complete guidance, illustrations, and workout routines to start exercises.
Should You Read Bodybuilding Books?
A short answer: Yes.
A long answer: Yes. What you can learn from books is not available anywhere else. They are detailed, insightful and provide explicit knowledge of a topic.
For example, during punching, what should be the breathing pace? Your instructor may tell you something but he won’t provide the detailed reason for such thing. You can however learn this through a book.
Are these the Best Books on BodyBuilding?
Nope these aren’t. These are the top rated books on bodybuilding.
I wanted to provide the books that are rated the best by people who are into bodybuilding and fitness and that’s why I selected those that were filling that criteria.
These books on home gym fitness routine are also great even if you don’t want to stop going to your gym, as they will only improve your knowledge and will be a great addition to your workout resources.
Here is a list of best books on home gym fitness and bodybuilding at home are a great collection for beginners and experts alike.
- Home Workout: 15-Minute Effective Home Workouts: To Build Lean Muscle and Lose Weight
A book that offers powerful exercises to build healthy muscles, improve strength and lose weight in days. It offers guidance on how to start 15 minutes home workout routines that will impact your body. The guide further provides insights on how to stay motivated and consistent with the routines.
It is a useful book for anyone looking to improve their physique.
- Doesn’t want to go outside for workout or you don’t want to visit gym for fitness concerns. Just purchase this book and get the best results by staying at home.
- This book is a complete package full of workout details which you can perform at your home.
- Whether you want to get mass or want your body to get in shape, it is good for everything.
Read about Best Parkour Shoes: Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution: The Slow-Motion Exercise That Will Change Your Body in 30 Minutes a Week
The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution provides an alternative routines to fitness workout available in gym. It says those types of workouts don’t work anymore. And, it is time to change the routine.
The book promises to improve your fitness, make you faster, stronger, and provides more flexibility in workouts.
Further, it increases your metabolism, and is a powerful fat-burning machine.
You just have to exercise 30 minutes each day with this exercise routine.The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution has received mixed reviews from people but mostly it has five star ratings. Therefore it is a great book to work on your routines.
- By having this book, you can have stronger and good-looking muscles.
- It has perfect instructions regarding cardio exercises and metabolism.
- It will guide you that how can you burn your fat in a rapid manner by staying at home.
- Get enhanced flexibility in your body.
- Functional fitness at home
Functional Fitness at Home is an insightful guide on functional training. It provides effective exercise routines that you can do at home. And, for home gym makers, this is a great book to their library.
The book features fitness workouts such as cardio, circuit training, diet training and seal training for users who want to improve their posture and become healthy.
if you think about becoming healthy each day but can’t start, then this book will be your igniter. It comes with detailed routines and pictures to help you understand them easily.
- You can achieve all your fitness goals by following instructions mentioned in this book.
- This amazing book will tell you that how can you manage your routine and make a plan for workout at your home.
- You will definitely see prominent results.
- Get In Shape With Kettlebell Training: The 30 Best Kettlebell Workout Exercises and Top Sculpting Moves To Lose Weight At Home (Get In Shape Workout Routines and Exercises) (Volume 3)
This is a step-by-step tutorial guide of how to use Kettlebell exercises to build strength and tone and sculpt muscles. It focuses on do-at-home routines that can be done without any help. You won’t have to go to a gym or pay hefty fees on getting healthy.
It includes Schoen’s challenging 10, 20, and 30-minute Kettlebell workout plans that will tone your body from head to toe. Schoen started the workout routines after coming out of pregnancy. She tried them on herself and proved that they work.
Read how you can apply the same to your workout routines and improve your body health.
- Thinking of getting in shape and big or lean muscles. Have this book and fulfill your desires.
- This fitness book contains all the important instructions and workout details by following which you can get a good-looking and attractive body.
- The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy
The book has a plethora of diet plans and recipes for fitness and success. it starts by telling you that all magazines are wrong in what they promote and healthy living is all about controlling your routine while enjoying the deliciousness that the food offers.
It tells that understanding how proper dieting really works is essential to a long healthy life.
The book is filled with 13 breakfast recipes, 11 salad recipes, and 14 snacks for fitness enthusiasts.
- In this book, you will have the classic ways to building up your muscles.
- The diets and plans as per your body type and weight measures.
- It is simply awesome.
Bodybuilding Books that Others are Reading…
I did a survey of people and what type of body building books they are reading. Here is what they had to say:
- , Queen’s Student, Co-Founder of wkndr
“I highly recommend the Arnold Schwarzenegger Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.”
He says the book was written in the 80s, but it still holds the same value today.
The book includes solid routines for all levels and great exercise explanations/pictures make this book easy to read. He also goes to great lengths to explain posing techniques and training for each muscle group.
2. , played college baseball…avid walker now.
He says the Strong lifts book is dead simple. It provides a simple workout plan that you can follow.
Workout A: Bench, Rows, pushups, abs
Workout B: Squats, deadlifts, military press, pullups
3. , personal trainer, in love with exercise