People nowadays, train with heavy bags not just in the gyms but also often hang them in their apartments, offices or the basements of their homes.
The biggest problem with hitting these heavy bags is that they make a significant amount of noise which can be bothersome for the people living in your home or even the neighbors.
We know how satisfying hitting the bag can be that is why we are sharing with you some ways to reduce the bags noise.
Now before you get all excited, these are great ways to reduce punching bag apartment noise you should know that:
- These punching bag noise reduction ways aren’t going to turn your room into a soundproof studio
- These can also reduce motivation because research shows that noise during workout increases motivation
- These Heavy Bag Noise Reduction tips can be a little costly if you are tight on budget
With that said, here are some Heavy Bag Noise Reduction techniques to make your home gym soundproof.
Table of Contents
Best Ways for Heavy Bag Noise Reduction in Apartments
Whether you have a home gym, an apartment gym, a garage gym, or an open space where you workout, if you want to reduce noise from heavy punching bag while working out, then these tips are for you.
- The biggest noise makers on the heavy bag are its chains. The best way to counter that is to wrap the chains with some electrical or duct tape. This significantly kills the noise made by the swaying and rubbing of the chains. Another way of tackling the chains noise is to completely replace them with ratchet straps.
- The material of the heavy bag itself also makes quite a lot of noise when hit. As strange as it may sound but the only way to tackle this issue is by wrapping and securing a thick blanket around the bag.
- Be barefoot while training on the heavy bag or cover the floor with a foam mat or a sporting mat. This will lower the vibrations and make your movements comfortable.
- Cover the walls of the room you train in with soundproofing panels. They not only stop the sound from penetrating the walls but are also quite affordable.
- Yes, it can be fun hitting the bag as hard as possible but remember the harder you hit it the louder the sound will be. Instead, try working on your form and technique while mixing it up with a couple of hard punches every now and then. This will allow you to take out your frustrations and keep the noises down.
- The best and only way to avoid disturbing your neighbors is to train when they are not at home. It may be a challenge but that’s what it takes.
- Buy a heavier and taller bag. Light weighing bags can move around a lot and produce more noise. An ideal bag weight should be around 100 lbs. Remember that when shopping for one next time.
- Get better gloves. If you are using 8oz to 10oz gloves for punching, the bag will make more noise. Only way to decrease is to increase the padding in your punching bag gloves.
- Make your home gym in the center room. Center rooms are well in the center. This means the noise is not heard by neighbours. This is especially important if you live in an apartment and you have neighbours living on both sides of your apartment.
- Stand on a yoga mat or fitness mat to reduce noise coming from the floorboards. You can also wear sneakers to reduce the noise that comes when you move your feet with impact.
- Get a standing punching bag or double end speed bag. Standing punching bags having enough weight at the bottom don’t make much noise. Similarly, double end punching bags are great way to train reflexes. They are silent and swift – perfect for beginners who want to improve accuracy and hand movements.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $196.63Was: $199.99
FAQs for Heavy Bag Noise Reduction
- Are there silent heavy bag mounts for punching bags?
Yes, there are silent heavy bag mounts available but they don’t actually reduce the noise of the bags. They can only reduce movement. Or make the movement smoother. The only way to reduce noise is by rolling tape on the chains and reducing the movement of punching bag after a punch.
You can also use nylon straps as they don’t lead to any noise only chains do. If you have a steel punching bag hook or mount, then apply some grease over it. You can also wrap rope around the wrap to reduce the jerking movement of the punching bag.
- Can mount springs reduce noise of punching bags?
Mount springs make movement noiseless because of the addition of springs. But while the noise coming from a heavy bag is the punching and thumping sound, not the noise from the chain.
- How to make punching bag more quieter?
Wear punching gloves with more padding while punching the bag so that it decreases the sound. You can also buy a standing punching bag as well.
So, these are some of the best heavy bag noise reduction ways. You can easily apply them at home without much expense. But if you want bags that are highly quiet then it is better to get punching mitts.