Table of Contents
The treadmill industry has seen incredible growth in recent years, with many people turning to this convenient and effective form of exercise to stay in shape and improve their overall health. While the treadmill is a great tool for improving fitness, it is important to understand the potential benefits and risks associated with using this type of machine. With this in mind, it is essential to take a close look at treadmill industry statistics, including the number of accidents, the most popular brands, and the demographics of the machine’s users. By having a better understanding of these statistics, we can ensure that everyone is taking the necessary precautions to use this equipment safely.
10 Treadmill Industry Statistics You Should Know About
- In 2019, the global treadmill market size was valued at $4.6 billion and is projected to reach $6.4 billion by 2027. (Source)
- The U.S. is expected to dominate the global market, accounting for a revenue share of more than 40% in 2019. (Source)
- In 2020, the global fitness equipment market was valued at $11.1 billion and is projected to reach $16.8 billion by 2028. (Source)
- Treadmills account for 30.7% of the global fitness equipment market. (Source)
- In 2020, the global home fitness equipment market was valued at $5.7 billion and is projected to reach $7.3 billion by 2028. (Source)
- Treadmills account for 33.5% of the global home fitness equipment market. (Source)
- In 2020, the global commercial fitness equipment market was valued at $4.6 billion and is projected to reach $6.4 billion by 2028. (Source)
- Treadmills account for 28.2% of the global commercial fitness equipment market. (Source)
- In 2019, the U.S. treadmill market was valued at $1.3 billion and is projected to reach $2.0 billion by 2027. (Source)
- In 2020, the U.S. home fitness equipment market was valued at $3.7 billion and is projected to reach $4.9 billion by 2028. (Source)
5 Treadmill User Statistics You Should Know
- 80% of treadmills are used for walking, running and jogging, according to a survey from the American Council on Exercise (ACE) (Source).
- 70% of treadmill users are between the ages of 25 and 44, according to a 2019 survey by Statista (Source).
- 40% of treadmill users are women, according to the same Statista survey (Source).
- 36% of treadmill users exercise 6 to 10 times per month, according to the same Statista survey (Source).
- 90% of treadmill users are in the US, according to a survey from Euromonitor International (Source).
5 Treadmill Accident Statistics You Should Know
- 37,000 people were treated for treadmill-related injuries in 2017, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) (Source).
- In 2018, the CPSC reported 56,347 emergency department-treated injuries associated with treadmills (Source).
- The most common injuries associated with treadmills are sprains and strains to the lower extremities, followed by fractures, contusions and lacerations (Source).
- Children under the age of 6 were involved in 4,100 treadmill-related injuries in 2018 (Source).
- In 2016, treadmills accounted for an estimated 18,000 hospital emergency department visits with a diagnosis of a traumatic brain injury (Source).
5 Treadmill Desk Statistics You Should Know
- 67% of respondents in a 2016 survey reported an increase in productivity while using a treadmill desk (Source)
- Using a treadmill desk for two hours a day can result in burning an extra 100 calories (Source)
- A study found that treadmill desks resulted in a 48.6% reduction in sitting time (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24825079)
- The average person spends about 8.9 hours a day sitting (Source)
- In a study of 200 workers, those who used a treadmill desk reported improved well-being and satisfaction with their work environment (Source)
5 Global Treadmill Market Statistics
- The global treadmill market size was valued at US$ 2.85 billion in 2019 and is estimated to reach US$ 4.12 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 5.1% between 2020 and 2027. (Source)
- The home treadmill segment is expected to witness rapid growth over the forecast period, followed by the commercial treadmill segment. (Source)
- The North American region is expected to hold the largest share of the market in 2019. (Source)
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness the highest CAGR in the market in the coming years, due to the growing demand for fitness equipment and changing lifestyle habits of consumers in the region. (Source)
- The number of online sales of treadmills is expected to increase in the years to come, due to the growing trend of online shopping and the availability of a wide variety of products at competitive prices. (Source)
The treadmill industry and its users have seen a tremendous growth over the past few years. The growing demand for treadmills and their increasing popularity among users indicate that this trend is likely to continue in the near future. With the continued advancements in technology, the treadmill industry is likely to experience further growth and innovation. As more people become aware of the health benefits of using a treadmill, it is likely that the industry will continue to attract new users. The statistics on the treadmill industry and its users are a testament to the success of the industry and its growing popularity among users.